Hi,
In my company, we (still) use Confluence 5.2.5… I am trying to convince the upper management to upgrade, to no avail.
One detail could help me, though. We are experiencing compatibility problems with Chrome and IE 11. For instance:
- Links to pdfs in the network don’t work in Chrome, Firefox or in IE 11. We have to use IE 10.
- It is impossible to type a final period in a comment. We have to type a letter, go back before the letter, type a period and erase the letter.
- It is impossible to modify an attached Office document, except in IE 10.
- etc.
Even though I wrote a procedure to revert to IE 10 (and keep it), it is useless to say that lots of folks here are frustrated with their experience.
I would like to know if an upgrade to 5.6.x would eliminate these issues or if I have to check some Java options (or else) I never eared about.
Your comments will help me confirm or infirm my theory and maybe help me with the convincing process.
Thanks a lot!