I have about 97,000 users in my crowd instance.
I have JIRA set up to sync from crowd.
Only about 90,000 users are getting cached in JIRA's user directory.
Users who are not cached in JIRA's directory do get imported from crowd when they try to log in.
However, they are purged at the next directory sync.
This is problematic because when users are not in JIRA's user cache, they don't show up in user pickers (e.g. they can't be assigned to issues) and their meta data is missing for issues on which they are the assignee/reporter/etc and those issues can't be edited because the user value is invalid.
What is causing the 90k users to get synced? Why aren't the final 7k making it in? At first I thought it was because of mapped groups in the application config in crowd, but I mapped every group and it didn't help. Is there a 90k limit within JIRA on how many users it can cache? Can I adjust that limit somehow?