I am unable to move a child page to another page since the latest upgrade. I have tried to drop and drag, and the Move button. Please advise if there is a current defect and resolution target date. Version 5.4
4/11/14: anyone have any suggestions?
Hi Amy,It is possible that you have hit into this know issue. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps in the article and follow the resolution if it is relevant.Regards,Jing Hwa
I do not get an error when trying to move. The page looks as though it moved, but it doesn't.
I am still having this issue. I'm just trying to move a child page to another page. It looks like it moves, but when you go to look for it in the new destination, it is not there. I have tried moving by using drag and drop in the "View in Hierarchy" and using the "location" button and typing the future destination. I get no errors, but it does not move to the new destination. Our work around is to make a copy of the page, save it to the new destination, then delete the old page. This is not working for us, b/c we lose our versioning which we use to track changes. Please advise. Thanks.
Hello Amy,
unfortunatey I do NOT have enough info to really help you.
What I can think about is something to do with the Ancestor table than usually get corrupted after upgrades and you could try to rebuild it following the info at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Rebuilding+the+Ancestor+Table
You can verify if you CONFANCESTOR table is broken running:
SELECT A.ANCESTORID, A.DESCENDENTID, COUNT(A.DESCENDENTID) FROM CONFANCESTORS A, CONTENT B WHERE B.CONTENTID = A.DESCENDENTID GROUP BY A.ANCESTORID, A.DESCENDENTID ORDER BY 3 DESC;
Did you verify if any error is present into the logs? It happens to run into NOT catched exceptions.
If you have any other info that can help me to identify the issue I'll be glad to help.
Sincerely
Marco
I am not a programmer, nor know how to "run" what you are referring to above. I'm a business person . Can you tell me how I look at error logs? In my comment on 4/3, i state I get no errors. no matter how i try to move, it doesn't move. Any suggestions on how I get you more information to help?
Hi Amy,
that query should be run against the DB so you should ask your DBA.
About the logs, they can be found under confluence-home-folder/logs, and the current log file is atlassian-confluence.log (unless they have been configured in a custom location).
my DBA ran the query against the DB. It does not appear to be broken.
Can anyone help?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.