I've successfully setup a mysql 5.1 based database: "jiradb" that is fully accessible by a separate user: "jiradbuser". I've setup cgi scripts to access the db with no problems via bash and perl (using DBI pm). When I config the db for jira using the config.sh and pressig the "Test Connection" button, I get the error:
Error connecting to database
Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received
any packets from the server.
The only relative error message comes from a massive java trackback in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out file:
Sep 20, 2011 3:51:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await
WARNING: StandardServer.await: Invalid command '' received
2011-09-21 11:40:01,941 http-8080-1 ERROR anonymous 700x37x1 1ie8v0y 192.168.220.55 /secure/SetupDatabase.jspa [atlassian.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager] Could not successfully test your database:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
.. stuff deleted
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
I'm not a Java guy so any help would be appreciated....Brent
Anyone else setup a new mysql 5.1 db with the latest Jira?