I am running Confluence 5.5.4 and JIRA 6.3.1 with a reciprocal application link. In many of our Confluence pages we use the JIRA Issues macro to link to specific tickets (in Confluence I am using the JIRA Macros add-on version 5.5.4)
I have come across a need to change the Title of our JIRA instance:
JIRA-Administration --> System --> General Configuration
From here I click the Edit Settings button and modify the Application title field to the new name. I go down to the bottom of the page and click Update. The new title is updated successfully in JIRA.
However now when I go back to Confluence the pages using the JIRA Issues macro are unable to display links to the JIRA tickets. Instead I see the following error messag
I figured this might be a problem with the Application Link to JIRA, since the Application title has changed. I removed the reciprocal link from Confluence and JIRA and recreated it. The new link to JIRA now reflects the updated Application title.
Unfortunately this did not change the behavior. All of my JIRA Issues macros are still not rendering correctly and display the same error message of not being able to locate the JIRA server.
If I create a new JIRA Issues macro while in this state, after saving the Confluence page the macro displays correctly and provides the link to the ticket.
When I restored the old JIRA Application title and recreated the reciprocal link, the JIRA Issues macros work as expected again, except for the new one I created while the name was changed.
It appears that the JIRA Issues macros are hard-linked to the Application title for JIRA that existed when they were created.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there any way around this?