I know many of you may take this as a joke... But I would like to install JIRA on a cheap hosting service that I am already using for my private domain name. Yes, I know I could pay $10/m for Atlassian to host JIRA for me... But the thing is that I am not actually using JIRA for myself. Instead, I want to set up effectively a "demo" so that I can convince any project I join to use the wonderful JIRA for issue tracking. So paying even $10/m for the express purpose of advertising it is not right. But, I'm happy to pay (and have) the $10 to host it myself.
I've got it to work perfectly fine on my personal Windows 7 desktop machine. So it can't be that hard.
But when it comes to installing software on a host server... And a Linux one at that... With MySQL as the supplied DB... I really am feeling a little lost. I've asked Atlassian support, but understandably they have said that my request goes beyond their role, and directed me to ask here.
Hence, I'm here and asking of anyone has had any experience with hosting a JIRA instance on a cheap, no frills, Linux-based hosting plan supplied by the likes of Crazy Domains or any of the numerous vendors out there.
Thanks in advance! 