Is there a way to associate the comment author and date to the comment body using the CSV importer? If not is there a more efficient way to do this? Thanks.
Sure, there is please use following syntax for the comment columns: "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works".
Remember that the data format must math the one set during the wizard.
I have prepared the CSV as mentioned above; however i am stuck at mapping. There is no 'comment' column in dropdown to map to (as shown in screenshot below).
So where do I import the comments?
@Sufian Rashid, I'm having the same issue, did you find a solution?
Hi @Kelly Albrecht
Yes i found the solution. Actually there are two imports.
One is 'Bulk Create CSV Import' and other is 'External CSV Import'
When i used the external import; i found all the missing fields there.
Please see below screenshots for more details.
Step 1:
Step 2:
Step 3:
Hi everyone,
Is there a way to set in the CSV if the comment is private or public ?
In case of Service Desk import for example.
Best regards,
kvn_ln
+1 Would really appreciate a way to import comment visibility
I do not have an answer to this, but this relates to an ongoing thread I posted a while back. If they were to ever add this functionality, being able to control comment visibility at the bulk import level would also be nice...
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-Service-Desk-Email-Handler-amp-Comments/qaq-p/922673
I have been trying to resolve this in recent days. A CSV with comments with date and time (12 hour clock) imported all times as AM - not good. That was using "dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm a" as the date import mask in JIRA.
In the end, I converted all the comment times in the CSV to 24 hour format and removed the AM PM suffix using search and replace in Excel. So you end up with this structure (note the space between date and time):
10/10/2019 16:45;<userid>;comment detail
The date mask in JIRA was set to "dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm"
This worked perfectly, gave the comment the correct time and date and attributed it to the correct user (provided the user ID maps to a live account).
My userID was actually mapped to a staff number but yours will be different.
Might hopefully be of help to someone. Amending all the comments was painful but can be automated with a bit of creative thinking to identify a unique string then just search and replace.
Andrew
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.