The goal
I am a beginner with Jira/Maven and am trying to learn how to create Jira plugins. I'm working with the tutorial.
I find it works (when I run atlas-debug) and the jira.version element in the POM is set to 6.1.1 or 6.0.1. However, I want to get the tab panel example working with Jira version 4.4.5.
Jar file woes
At first I had problems with missing jars: com.sun.jdmk:jmxtools:jar:1.2.1 and com.sun.jmx:jmxri:jar:1.2.1. I tried various methods to overcome this, but: installing the JARs via mvn didn't work, and adding a dependency and repositories element to my POM didn't work.
Eventually I got the error to go away by adding:
<exclusions> <exclusion> <groupId>com.sun.jdmk</groupId> <artifactId>jmxtools</artifactId> </exclusion> <exclusion> <groupId>com.sun.jmx</groupId> <artifactId>jmxri</artifactId> </exclusion> </exclusions>
... to all of the dependencies in my POM. I've done it to all of them because I'm not sure which one of them is causing the error. The dependencies I have are:
- com.atlassian.jira
- junit
- com.atlassian.plugins
- javax.ws.rs
- com.google.code.gson
- org.slf4j
- org.mockito
I tried just including the exclusions element inside org.slf4j but the error was still there. Does anyone know which dependency/dependencies that depend on these jars?
POM Jira version doesn't seem to change which Jira version starts
When I finally did get it to work (as above), I find it starts JIRA v6.1.1 !
I don't understand this, as my POM file says:
<properties> <jira.version>4.4.5</jira.version> <amps.version>4.2.10</amps.version> <plugin.testrunner.version>1.1.2</plugin.testrunner.version> <!-- TestKit version 5.x for JIRA 5.x, 6.x for JIRA 6.x --> <testkit.version>5.2.26</testkit.version> </properties>
How can I get this tutorial to work with Jira version 4.4.5?