I'm creating documentation on how to search for content in Confluence, and I'd like to tell our employees what content Confluence actually indexes.
Attempt at answering my own question...
Content =
* pages
* blog posts
* comments
* attachments
* status updates
* profiles
* space descriptions
For this content, text and titles (where relevant) are indexed.
Robbie,
Do any of the following help?
"When you perform a full search, Confluence will search all content in all spaces (site and personal), mail, personal profiles, attachments and the space description."
While this documentation provides some relevant information, I think it's a bit lacking in specifics. What is considered "all content"? For example, are macro names and values searched. (I believe the answer to this is no.)
Your list covers everything I believe. I don't think it searches macro names as that is not 'content' (or the maker of content) as such. I could be wrong though.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.