I'm a global admin for our JIRA instance. Whenever I go into the admin screens, I'm prompted to verify my credentials with pretty much every click of the mouse. It is such a nuisance to have to continuously re-enter my password when I'm trying to configure a new project's screens, workflows, etc. Is there any way to turn this validation off by user?
jira admin prompt.png
This feature is called ‘Web-Sudo’. This property can be disabled by adding an entry to the jira-config.properties file available in the <JIRA-Home> directory as follows:Jira.websudo.is.disabled = true.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Secure+Administrator+Sessions but you might want to consider bumping up the interval instead.... I've found it quite handy as a "are you sure?" warning...
Thank you for the responses! I will try them out!
file jira-config.properties
and This file may not exist if you are using a new installation or an upgraded installation where your previous JIRA application versions had never been customized. If this file does not exist, create it using a text editor.https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-edit-the-jira-config-properties-file-317194938.html
jira.websudo.is.disabled = true it wasn't working with a capital J(ira...)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.