Hi I want to asign issue to group instead of user by default.
Post function is helping me to assign different user but not group. Pleas help me
You can't do it. Jira expects assignees to be a single user account. There was a feature request for this, but Atlassian have closed it with "will not fix".
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+usersfor workarounds
That link is very helpful. But I can see why they expect a single assignee, it keeps issues from being ignored/overlooked. The Queue or "pool" option in the link you posted is a nice alternative to "unassigned." But it would also work to link it to a project or a release and leave it unassigned.
Hi I tried this but not working
1. created a custom field group assignee
2. add notification scheme to change assignee but not working.
means not changing assignee
You can add a custom field to store which users and groups should be associated with a given issue. This is particularly useful for projects where a team owns all issues of a particular type.
To do this, set up the following:
An issue can now be "assigned" to the group by selecting the appropriate group in the group picker. An email notification will be sent to the group.
I don't understand what is not working. You say:
>1. created a custom field group assignee
>2. add notification scheme to change assignee but not working.
>means not changing assignee
(Then you've pasted a chunk of the document I pointed you to, but I've no idea why)
Point 1 is fine, but point 2 and 3 make no sense. Notification schemes are about emailing users about changes, not changing assignee, and point 3 implies that you've not understood the document at all - it's some ways of representing that an issue belongs to a group as well as the individual assignee, NOT a way to change assignee.
Could you explain what you mean by "not working"?
yes. Notification will send notification itself to intimate users about issue.
From the url - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+users
1. I create groupasignee custom field in create issue screen.
2. next i create notification screen which is sending notification to users about issue.
Mean there is no way to change assignee right?
Only users must pick unassign issues to specific user after receiving an email ?
Thanks
Ok, so you're using a field as a way to keep a group informed about an issue.
That has nothing to do with the assignee field, so I'm not sure what the question is, or what is not working here?
For me , I need to assign an issue for a group, I added a new custom field "Group picker , multiple groups" but it shows as a new field when I create an issue not in Assignee field, still can't add group to the field assignee
I can only select a user , not a group
It's not explicit here at a glance, so I'll say it clearly:
You can NOT use a group in the assignee field.
End of story, there's no workarounds, hacks, tweaks. The assignee is a *single* *user*. Nothing else.
The usual workaround is exactly what you've done - have a "group assignee" field. But this is totally separate from the assignee field.
One more question related , how can I restrict the group I added , as assigned to this issue to be only seeing this issue?
I'm not sure I understand the question, so I apologise if this seems like completely the wrong answer...
You need to start from the position that no-one can see any issues in Jira by default. Then you can set up rules that say "allow person to see project if..." and use things like "if they are in role X in the project" or "they are in group Y"
This still won't get you to "group can only see their assigned issues" though, it just stops them from seeing other stuff. The next step is to ensure all the groups have "browse" permission on all the projects they will be working in. This actually opens up the whole project to them, which is still not what you need.
So, the last step is to enable "issue security" and set security levels on the issues that match their group-assignee groupings. This will hide issues in the project unless the user matches the rule.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security
A workaround may be following for small teams . You can use the Mention Function.
In the issue you can mention your team members by @[name]
If you have a dashboard for your team members you can create a special issue filter/ filter box for issues where the member of the team are mention. With this solution it is possible that team issues or issues for the whole business members are available in the dashboard. It is a first step for the problem.
For team over 100 members is this solution very difficult.
BTW: Sorry for my bad English.
this has worked for me. i would not like to setup notifications for when the custom field group/team is change.
Hi! If you assign an issue to a group, shouldn't the issue appear in each respective user's open issues and on the assigned issues gadget?
Thanks!
Kristen
You can't assign an issue to a group.
Oh, I thought you could using the Group Assigned custom field?
What is the purpose of that field?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.