In workflow screens, you can use "Field Required" validator.
Thank you. I am not sure. Maybe an example helps. I would like to have the field "due date" mandatory for tasks, but only for them. Currently I get error messages when I create other issues, even if "due date" is not assigned to the screen. I would not know how to solve this with workflow screens.
What are you asking can be achieved by ScriptRunner (groovy, free) or JJupin (mine, commercial, a simple scripting language) or some other plugins. There are countless plugins containing validators, conditions and postfunctions, just search to see if one suits your needs.
If you want to make it mandatory only for certain issuetypes, you need to look at field configurastion schemes. Not screens.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Specifying+Field+Behaviour#SpecifyingFieldBehaviour-Managingmultiplefieldconfigurations
How did you solve this with a field configuration schemes? I've been rereading the docco and I still see no way to make a field required in one screen and option in another.
Steffens solution is like this: a field configuration for tasks where due date field is required and another field configuration for all other issuetypes where it is not required.
So it is actually not in different screens but for different issue type.
Rob, could you manage with Udo's answer?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.