Hello
Please let me know if it's possible to install Confluence on a hosting server that I have non-root SSH + ftp access only.
This server is running CentOS Linux.
If possible, please send me a link how to get started...
Thank you
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Installation+Guide
You'll need to ftp the installation files up to the server and log in to set it up, but you can do it as a non-root user. It's less than ideal - I'd usually recommend running it as a user dedicated to the application, and you won't be able to run it on a port lower than 1024 because that needs root, and you might want to contact the admins to get it added as a service for start-on-reboot.
Up to the server and log in to set it up, but you can do it as a non-root user. It's less than ideal - I'd usually recommend running it as a user dedicated to the application, and you won't be able to run it on a port lower than 1024
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.