Some of my issue types / projects use components, and some don't.
I'm trying to set up a JQL query to search any issue where the component is in a list of specific components, or where the component is not set (i.e., one of the projects / issue types that don't use components). I'd like to say "... and component is empty ..." or something and still catch the latter, but I can't figure out how to.
You can see it with this JQL:
component is empty or component is not empty
I'd expect that to return all issues in my JIRA, but it only returns issues where the component field is not hidden for that project / issue type.
I know I could do it by listing out exactly which projects / issuetypes don't have components and avoid querying the component for those, but that's quite a bit of work, and users will be doing this kind of a query in my JIRA regularly.
Anyone have any good ideas on how to achieve this?