Can this be possible? Maybe be in Jira 5 or a plugin?
P.S. If it's a plugin must be compatible with Jira5.
You can use Script Runner, it will do the trick.https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner
You can write a post-function to do it as well, but the script-runner is probably going to be easier.
See https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Clonesanissueandlinks - although it clones all the fields you can override any or all of them.
I have done this by selecting the initial step name (New) then from the Workflow Browser on the right of the screen select the incoming transaction called "Create" (this is the initial transition in the workflow). From here you see the links for Validators and Post Functions. I have added some simple Post Functions like "The Field Reported Date will take the value from Created." here using the available options. If you are looking to do something more elaborate, then script-runner may be what you need. I have not had a need for it at this point though.We are running Enterprise Edition 3.13 (330) in case your screens apear different.
This is awesome! I'm trying this right now, but I have a problem... I don't know the syntax.
How it should be my condition if the issue should be issuetype 'Test Case' and the status changes to 'Execution Error'? Maybe like this:
issue.issueTypeObject.name == "Test Case" && issue.status.name == 'Execution Error'
And in Additional issue actions, I need to change the summary like this:
String oldsumary = issue.summary
issue.summary = 'Error Case - ' + oldsummary
Are these scripts well-written?
Unfortunately Script Runner is not available for OnDemand Installation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.