Hi folks,
I am using the 4.3 editor--I have list as follows:
Thanks is advance.
Yep, so to do this, you'd hit enter after line 4 which would give you 5. Hit 'tab' which will indent and turn this into 'a', then hit the bullet toolbar button (or keyboard shortcut command+shift+b) and it will become a bullet.
If you hit enter again you'll get another bullet, just press shift+tab and it will outdent and become '5', allowing you to continue in the numbered list.
It will look something like:
Hi John,
thanks again,
Chitra
Hmmm....I am running into another issue. I have a code table in between the numbered list-- this solution doesn't seem to work there. Anyone succeeded with tables inbetween numbered lists?
John,
Thanks for the tip--it worked for nested bullet lists; but didn't work when there is a graphic or code list inbetween. Any suggestions?
Press shift+enter after the bullet point if you are looking to add a code snippet or graphic.. Once you press shift+enter, the cursor moves to the next line and you can add the required thing. After that, press enter and the next bullet point appears.
You can use the indentation feature again to convert the feature to numbered item and it will be a continued one.
Thanks Abhay. John's suggestion worked well. I have been using that process--although I am puzzled why Confluence is not working to fix this major flaw in the editor.
Yes I agree this is a total PITA.
This is an old issue but still one that pops up in searches as the Editor still is unfriendly to use in these numbering scenarios. Shift+Enter helps prevent the numbering from going awry but once it does it is still a PITA to fix. Clicking the Outdent button can help in those situations.
Regarding pasting code blocks or images I've found the least frustrating way to deal with these is to:
- paste those somewhere outside of the numbered lists
- get your list ordered/numbered as desired
- shift enter to create a new space
- then move the code block/image into that blank space.
The numbering doesn't reset if you do that.
Is there an update to this issue? I need to insert illustration in a set of instructions so the end user knows what the screen should look like.
This is the least frustating way I have found as well, unfortunately,.
That really worked! I had a macro in the way. I just dragged it out, fixed the numbering and dragged it back in.
This is an awesome solution! :-)
But this should be must-feature for Confluence out-of-the-box, IMHO.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.