I don't want to see all sub task types. How can I connect some subtask to some issue types?
So far as I know this can't be done OOTB. What we did was to disable the 'Sub-Tasks' modules in the Issue Operations system-plugin, and then (via our own plugin) added web-items to create buttons on the View Issue screen that would allow a user to raise a sub-task of a specific type.
<web-item key="addnewfeaturetesttask" name="New Feature Test Task" section="operations-top-level" weight="10"> <label>Add Test Task</label> <context-provider class="com.ciboodle.jira.plugins.AddNewFeatureTestTaskLinkProvider" /> <link linkId="addnewfeaturetesttask_link">/secure/CreateSubTaskIssue.jspa?parentIssueId=$issue.id&amp;pid=$pid&amp;issuetype=$issueTypeId</link> <condition class="com.ciboodle.jira.plugins.IssueAllowsSubTasks" /> </web-item>
The class IssueAllowsSubTasks checks the type of the issue being viewed, as we only allow certain types of issue to have this type of sub-task; the AddNewFeatureTestTaskLinkProvider class sets up $pid and $issueTypeId for the link-generator.
The net result is that users cannot create sub-tasks except for via this link, and can then only create a sub-task of a specific type - in this case, 'New Feature Test Task'.
This way is not useful for us. Are there any different solution or any plugin for this problem?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.