Hi,all!
How to disable IssueType field on Create Issue Screen?
I tried to do it using javascript, but this field is too stubborn.
jQuery('#issuetype-single-select input, #issuetype-single-select span').unbind()jQuery('#issuetype-field').unbind()
i think you used javascript and it is not working when you change issue type, what i gusss correct then check the following post
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47843/strange-javascript-problem-in-create-screen
Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to achieve, I mean the end goal?
You can't "disable issue type field". The issue type is mandatory, Jira cannot work without it. If you disable it, you won't be able to create ANY issues, which would make your Jira useless.
I think you need to explain the requirement in more detail, as it's not clear what you really mean.
It's still not clear, where are these A field and B field placed? Do you mean you have customized the create issue screen itself?
oh, no disable,make READ-only I mean
Ok, I have 2 fields:
1. Afield - select list
2. Bfield - userpick, Bfield's value depends on Afield's value, and it's realized using external json service.
It works well, but this service doesn't work when I change issuetype on Create Issue Screen.
That's why I decided to make this field readonly.
Ok, but that still means you will only be able to create one issue type? If that's correct, then you can just change your issue type scheme so that there is only one issue type available and the issuetype field won't be able to change.
I suspect that's still not what you really want though - you really want to be debugging your code so that it works when the issue type is changed on the create screen. I think you need to explain what you've customised on the screen and how - that needs debugging, rather than trying to run off and fix it in a totally different way
oh, I guess it's solution of global problem.
Thanks!!
is it correct what i guessed? is it helped my answer?
Yeah
Now I trying to realize it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.