In our JIRA project our workflow is wide open; an issue can transition from any status to any other status. We prefer to not lock this down with transition rules at this time.
We want to notify the Reporter of the issue when it moves to only a few of these statuses.
We were initially set up with a default notification scheme that included the default JIRA events for Issue Closed and Issue Reopened.
I cleared the notifications to Reporter on all other events except these two. After that, the Reporter received zero notifications, not even for the two status changes.
I found additional articles that talked about the Generic Event notification. When I added Reporter to that event, then Reporter got notifications for all the status transitions.
I've read about creating custom notification events, and the Post Functions configuration for transitions. This seems to be telling me I have to have defined transition rules between the statuses in order to include custom notifications in the Post Functions. We don't want to restrict transitions between statuses.
Is the only solution available to me to add transition rules to represent all possible transitions between statuses, just so I can trigger notifications on a change to 2 out of 7 statues?
Thanks!