I'm trying to setup a fresh install of JIRA with postgresql on a machine running Ubuntu 12.04 and not having much luck following this online doc as it won't install:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+up+a+PostgreSQL+Database+on+Linux+for+JIRA
I was over on the ubuntu forums and managed to install postgresql following these commands:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PostgreSQL<br< a="">>But when I try to setup through the JIRA setup wizard I get an error that says there is an error connecting to the database and the connection was refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the post master is accepting TCP/IP connections.
I have checked all this and even looked up this error and made the few suggested changes such as changing the local host in the conf file from 127.0.0.1 to '*' and JIRA still can't connect.
Is there a more current step by step document on how to set this up from scratch?
Thanks,
Mike
I've recently set up JIRA with Postgres on Ubuntu from scratch and had no problems.
Hi Boris,
Thanks for your reply and I do not have a firewall running and can connect to the db from the console. What version of Ubuntu and Postgres are you running?
Postgres 9.1 and Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS
Any other suggestions or things I can check?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.