Can we make custom field during issue creation non-editable for some of the user on the basis of Project role condition as I believe there is no option to hide the particular field.
No. This is pretty much the same as your earlier question about field security.
You CAN do this by moving edit into the workflow, but that workaround doesn't apply to the create transition. I could explain more if it might be useful, but it would only help you if you are willing to accept that the field would not be entered on create, just become available to the power-users after create?
yes but if I go with workaround for edit transition too.I would then use a workflow action to basically specify the value, correct? Then same value will be appear in the issue and can be edited by few users, correct?
You could set it with a post-function on create-issue if you wanted to, yes.
After creation, it'll appear on-screen for everyone, but not on edit screens for anyone. You then protect the edit of the field with conditions in the workflow.
Do you mean that it is not necessary to specify it under workflow action and can just saved the issue once created (With the screen where specific Custom field is not present)? .
If yes, will it show some default value on screen later on which can be edited by few users on the basis of Project role Conditions?
All the above, I would like to understand the role of Workflow transition to make the fied "Protected"?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.