We have a server instance of JIRA and one of Confluence. They live on different servers, and they have different sets of users as we don't want the Sales Team directly working within Jira.
So, what I would like to do is within Confluence, use the JIRA macro to show a list of results from a JIRA filter. However, when I login with an account that that only exists within Confluence I am asked to Authenticate to see my issues.
This isn't how I want it to work. I would like non-JIRA users to be able to see JIRA issues when logging into Confluence. We have tried every combination of OAuth possible within the Application Links pages and nothing wants to work, Trusted Applications doesn't recognise the logged in user if they don't exist in Jira, and everything else with OAuth demands that I have to Authenticate. I've asked support and they have helpfully pointed me to the instruction. Gee thanks...
So:
1) How do I achieve what I would like to achieve?
2) Has anybody successfully done this? If so, how?