Hi,
Is there a decision tree tool within Confluence (or an add-on) like this one: http://corp.yonyx.com/yonyx-resources/?
I need a tool that will instead of displaying the entire process ( like in visio or gliffy) it will guide the users step by step through the decision nodes.
Thanks
Hi Maria,
It's not possible to do this natively in Confluence and a quick search of the Atlassian Marketplace doesn't find anything that matches. But I only did a short search, you might have more luck if you spend some time hunting for something.
HI,I was also looking for such a tool or an add on. So I came up with a work around. I used the expand macro to create each of the branchas of the desission tree. So by using expand within expand within expand, you can create several levels of the tree. That's actually easier than it sounds. for example, ou have a desission tree of making a hot dring. For example:Do you prefer tea or coffie.If coffee >with milk or with out> if with milk than with suger or without ,if w/o milk, with suger or without> if with suger.. and so on...If tee> more if's....
So you can:Write the initial text : What woudl you want to drink.
Below that to create two expan macros. one with a title "Tea" one with a title of "Coffie". Then in the Tea expans you write the next leading question ( do you want it with milk or without milk) and enter the next 2 expands ( one for with milk and one for withought milk.. and so on.. for the rest of the question.sThen do the same for the branch of Tea.
This solution was a huge sucess in our company.
So, untill a real dissiosn tree solution is available, we are going to use this one.
Maria,
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I have been trying to figure this out for a week now and I didn't even think about the expand macro. This solution is PERFECT for what I need at my company.
I came across this post. Has Confluence added any decision tree processes in the last 2 years?
Almost 3 years and still no Decision Tree.
Zingtree does this: www.zingtree.com
No-code interactive trees that are highly customizable.
Knowmax does something similar.
It is basically a knowledge management software.
Decision tree is one of the modules of Knowmax
Does this still work? It looks like nested expands have been removed as a feature.
I had the same issue; in the end I drew a decision tree diagram with draw.io... not so good for anything wordy; but used a diagram, then added more verbose info in text after the diagram to explain the intricacies.
Not the best solution, but what I did (and it worked for my use case) is open a table, and split cells further and further more the more I went down (sorry if it isn't clear, my first language is French). In each cell, I used the decision widget to make it visual.
Hi there,
I’m Dylan a Product Manager at Adaptavist (Atlassian Platinum Partner), we’ve been keeping our eye on this thread for a while and have noticed that this still seems to be an unanswered challenge. We’re interested in changing that!
If you want to provide feedback on what you would like to see in a solution/Confluence app or want to get involved in testing a solution (if we do build one out), head over to our page to find out more.
Cheers,
Dylan
How long would it take to build this out?
Hey @Giancarlo Maniaci , apologies for the slow reply, I didn't seem to get the notification about your post.
I can't give an exact delivery date at the moment but can say that we have a team working on it.
The best place to keep up to speed on our development effort and to provide feedback on what you would like to see in the app is on our mailing list. This can be found in our page linked above.
Feel free to reach out if you have further questions.
@Dylan Lindsay is there any update regarding the implementation of decision trees?Or could nested expands be reintroduced as feature?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.