I have installed the latest version of JIRA on Debian 6.0.6 i386 and initially, it seemed to work ok. After a number of reboots, I get the error message
You cannot access JIRA at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons
| Description |
|
The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:
- Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)
- Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
|
I would usually just check the logs for what went wrong, but Atlassian logs are so verbose that they give me a really hard time finding anything relevant. Some advanced grepping has revealed these lines though that seem related to the problem at hand:
2012-12-19 11:21:00,157 Timer-0 ERROR [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.spec.GadgetSpecFactory)] (from bean [&gadgetSpecFactory]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.view.GadgetViewFactory)] (from bean [&gadgetViewFactory]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.view.RenderedGadgetUriBuilder)] (from bean [&renderedGadgetUriBuilder]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.GadgetRequestContextFactory)] (from bean [&gadgetRequestContextFactory])
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard' has timed out
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454)
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:50)
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:105)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
2012-12-19 11:21:00,169 Timer-0 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Never resolved service '&gadgetSpecFactory' for plugin 'com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.spec.GadgetSpecFactory)
2012-12-19 11:21:00,169 Timer-0 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Never resolved service '&gadgetViewFactory' for plugin 'com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.view.GadgetViewFactory)
2012-12-19 11:21:00,169 Timer-0 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Never resolved service '&renderedGadgetUriBuilder' for plugin 'com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.view.RenderedGadgetUriBuilder)
2012-12-19 11:21:00,170 Timer-0 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Never resolved service '&gadgetRequestContextFactory' for plugin 'com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.GadgetRequestContextFactory)
So if I understand this correctly, some java dependency is unsatisfied and some plugin can not be started.
That dependency must have been there before as JIRA did work. How can it just disappear ? I have certainly not touched anything.
Does anyone have some advice for me how to find the cause of this problem and solve it ?
Update:
I can get JIRA to work again by shutting it down, deleting some folder using
rm -r /opt/atlassian/jira/work/*
and restarting JIRA.
The problem is that this issue occurs *every single time* the server JIRA runs on is rebooted.