Is there a way to do this? I want a filter that gets me the Bugs linked to all the Stories linked to a certain Epic.
You can combine those in following way:
1. create a filter that shows the stories linked to your epic (filter1)
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issue = SMC-242", "is Epic of") and issuetype = Story
2. create a second filter that uses filter1:
issuetype=Bug AND status != Done AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = filter1", "<YourLinkType>")
This gives me the issues (all types, not just Stories) linked to a particular epic:
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issue = SMC-226", "is Epic of")
But how to now get a list of bugs linked to all those...
There was a question on this recently, but I can't find it. You need to the nest the query. Maybe try from the perspective of the bug, and use the filter query to find stories then epics. This is certainly possible.
Ok, maybe I'll find it. I haven't nested queries before, so maybe that's partly my problem.
I can get all bugs linked to a story with:
issuetype=Bug AND status != Done AND issue IN (linkedIssues("SMC-390"))
And get all stories linked to an epic with:
But I can't seem to combine the two.
Thanks for the tip. Sadly, linkedIssuesOf requires the second param, and my QA people have used different link types at random, so it's not going to be practical for me to look up the bugs this way without having them clean things up first.
Wish it could find by any old link type!
"Epic Link" = ... OR "Epic Link" = ... OR parent in (..., ..., ..., ...) ORDER BY "Epic Name" ASC
Hi,
This plugin provides the possiblity to search the issues by links of all types. It is paid though not so expensive.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.craftforge.jira.craftforge-jql-functions-plugin
I have used both the plugins, only advantage I see with Craftware plugin is the need of getting parent issues of all the linked tasks.
Vijay.
The next version won't require the second param, in which case it means: work across all link types
Ah, that are good news. Thanks Jamie!
I wrote up how to write queries like this: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-MoreComplexExamples
Hope it helps someone.
Hello ,
Probably this could Help:
issue in linkedIssues(parentid, parent-of)
in the parent id just put the id of the epic . it will bring all the issues that are under the given epic id
then filter on issuetype bug.
thanks,
Emna
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.