Hi,
After updating JIRA from v. 6.4.11 to JIRA Core v. 7.0.0 on Windows Server, the service won't start.
Here is the error I get:
image2015-10-29 14:51:2.png
After investigating further, I found that in regedit.exe the "ImagePath" of the registry is set to "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin\tomcat7.exe" //RS//############
So I looked the folder up and couldn't find tomcat7.exe, but saw tomcat8.exe - Which I tried changing the registry to. After changing the registry I got the following error:
image2015-10-29 14:54:12.png
Fortunately this happened on the test environment, but I'm having a hard time seeing how we should update our production environment with this kind of error. I have not had any trouble updating on this test environment before - Did an update from 6.2.4 to 6.4.11 a month ago.
Environment is:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Update was done with the Windows installer.
Any help is appreciated.
Best regards,
Frederik B. Kristiansen