Hi
Is there any documentation available for the gantt-chart plugin? I went on the marketplace but could not find one.
Rahul
Hi Rahul,
without any planning dates (planned start and end date or mapped related customfields of type DatePicker or DateTime) no issue will be displayed within the Gantt-Chart. If you have enabled re-scheduling, the following rules will calculate planning dates: this is inline documented on the configuration tab (re-scheduling) of my Gantt-Chart plugin. If you do not have admin permissions, please ask your system administrator to get access for this information.
Automatic re-scheduling of planning dates: you must have enabled JIRA time-tracking!Issue Creation
Issue Update
Issue ReschedulingRe-scheduling as shifting planned start/end dates, keeping the duration in working days, for dependent issues as well as sub-issues will be performed, if:
Doing the first/initial work logging for an issue, the planning dates will be copied into their related baseline dates.Issue dependency must be done by linking the related issues using the Gantt-Dependency type as configured on the Gantt-Admin-Panel (main JIRA-Administration screen). You have to configure the dependency types and create dependencies between issues using the JIRA standard link feature or interactive linking on a Gantt-Chart.Velocity DefinitionIn Scrum, velocity is how much product backlog effort a team can handle in one sprint. This can be estimated by viewing previous sprints, assuming the team composition and sprint duration are kept constant. It can also be established on a sprint-by-sprint basis, using commitment-based planning. Once established, velocity can be used to plan projects and forecast release and product completion dates.How can velocity computations be meaningful when backlog item estimates are intentionally rough? The law of large numbers tends to average out the roughness of the estimates.DescriptionThe value of velocity is a percentage with a default value of 100%. If your team's velocity is generally slow, respectively over-estimate themselves, please adjust the parameter below.For example: enter '75' als velocity, if your team finished an amount of 75% of the issues they have estimated within a time period. Based on this velocity parameter, planned start dates will be calculated as planned end date minus original estimation (duration of estimated effort taking weekends into account) multiplied by the velocity factor to stretch the timeline. The velocity factor will be calculated internally as 100/velocity and is 1.333 in this example: 3 days effort needs 4 working days to be finished.
Operational hints and additional inline documentation:
Regards,Frank
Hey Rahul,
There are no docs that I know of. I did find some instructional videos from the plugin author at: http://www.youtube.com/user/fpolscheit/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Edit: I would recommend you contact the vendor and ask him this directly as well.
Cheers,Boris
Thanks Boris for the link.
I have a specific question - There are five custom fields that are created by this plugin PLanned start, planned end, gantt options , baseline start and baeline end. What are these used for?
I can still access gantt chart on my project without including thse fields on my screens and the gantt chart simply picks up my time tracking details to populate the charts.
I have never used this plugin before, so I am not sure. I strongly urge you to ask these questions directly to the person who made the plugin as they are be able to provide a more authoratative answer than anyone else.
Is there a way to have the gantt-chart plugin show epics and their contained stories ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.