How do I add members to existing Confluence team spaces?
I found a simpler way. On the parent page, click the three dots next to "share" on the right corner of the page. Select "restrictions". This will put you into the same page that you used to select team members when you created the page.
This is how I do it:
Hi Karl.
Click the Browse button, select the Confluence Admin (assuming that you have admin privilegies) and on the Users & Security section you have there the option Space Permissions.
From there, you have a list of all spaces available and clicking the Manage Permissions button on one space will give you the list of Groups and Individual Users. Clicking the Edit Permissions button for Individual Users allows you to add and give permissions to new members on that space.
Hope it helps.
Thanks Vitor. Actually this gets me half the way. The rest of the problem concerned the member list on the team space. When I create the team space, a wizard asks me to add members and they appear nicely (picture an everything) on the page. I wanted to add members to this list.
Now I just found out how to do it manually. This list turned out to simply be a one-row table with the Profile picture macro and below the macro a mailto-link.
I came up with the same solution this morning when I added two members.
We also tried to figure out how to add the portrait members to a Team Space with no luck. We ended up removing the space, recreating it and adding the members. If more members are added to the team we would have to do this again...
What if I need to remove a member from the Team Space? Thanks!
So...there is no other way to add a new or remove a new team member from the Team space? This seems a bit "silly" everytime we need to recreate the team space.. anyone hlep?
Matt, the members list is actually just a conventional 'table'. The items for each user are 1) the Profile picture macro 2) a mailto link.
Wilvin, the members list is actually just a conventional 'table' and the items for each user are 1) the Profile picture macro 2) a mailto link. Therefore it can be easily edited in normal manner.
The other missing part here is that when you create the team space, the members are automatically signed up as "watchers" of the space. Adding someone manually to the permissions and the table doesn't make them "watch" the space.
Along with creating a team space (as well as other types), the space creation wizard serves to set up the space home page for you quickly. It's editable like any other page, so you can go ahead and edit the page and add or remove team members from the list manually.
at the upper right of the main space there are options that say "Edit" "Watch" "Share". Once you click on Watch, you will have the option to add a 'watcher.' Ive not found any way (including using permissons) to add someone to the view that shows the team members.
@Angel Clark you can not add someone as a watcher of a space. Just a page. It's not the same as when you first create the space.
you gotta be kidding me, Atlassian!!!
So the assumption behind this wonderful brainchild of a team space is that Teams never change; Hence there is no way to add nor to remove team members from a team space?
Space - Space Administration
Scroll down to:
Individual Users
Click on "Edit Permissions"
Search for the user and click on the "Add button"
I found the way to add a team member on the space introductory page if you forgot to do it upon creation.
You go to edit mode
"The team" list has columns - you add a column there
Copy any Team member to this empty column
Click on that team member and select "Edit"
Widget pops up and you see "Address" and "Link Text"
Modify this information as for the new member you want to add - Save
Click on the image that belongs to the member. Select "Edit"
Modify the link
You have a new team member!
When you say "Copy any Team member to this empty column", I don't know what you mean. Are you doing a copy/paste? Where did you get the team member to copy?
For example you've added only one team member (Alex) when you initially created a page. Then you decided to add another one. You click 'edit' the page. There is a table 'Team.' This table has one column where Alex sits. You add a column there (for a new team member - John). This column is empty. You copy Alex info to this empty column. Thus, you have 2 identical columns with Alex and his picture. You select Alex's name in the second column and 'Edit.' Widget pops up and you change info accordingly for John. Eventually, you will have both Alex (untouched 1st column) and John (edited 2d column).
I tried the above in Confluence Cloud. It appears that there are two macros inserted by the global template. But that is not everything. Am I missing something? The global template does 3 things: * Adds the picture and name of each team member to the home page * Adds the team member names to individual permissions * Adds the team member to the watchers category for the space I don't see a way to do all of those tasks without hammer and tongs. Is there a macro somewhere that I am missing? User Profile doesn't work. Network doesn't work.
People have been going around in circles on this for a year and a half, and Atlassian is yet to weigh in. Unbelievable. I thought I had done something really cool by implementing team spaces, now I find out all I did was make a big mess if I can't add or change team members without a bunch of gyrations and finagiling.
Bummer.
That's horribly inconvenient
It's 2016 and this problem still exists? Woaw
I'm not sure how to delete users, but you can add a specific user like this:
However, it might be better to add a group of users. This way, you can add/remove users from the group instead of assigning specific users directly to a space:
That doesn't add team members...it lets you add and remove who can view and edit information on the page. I want to edit the information seen in the second picture that is circled.
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Brilliant, thank you!
@CircleCIstatus @hipchatstatus @slackhq @atlassian
Have you found a new resolution for this issue? I am just now running into this very problem.
It is absurd that this is so difficult..
..therefore, we must be using it wrong.
So, what is the correct way to manage teams?
I am thinking of purchasing this, but it looks like this Team functionality, something that was important for us, does not really work. You have to manually add link and photo to add people to page? Why can't they be automatically added to the page when given permission?
The control k option with the name links to the user profile instead of the email feature that the other members have. Is there an instruction for how to set the mailto instead of linking to their profile?
Once you're in Control K (step 9 in the above steps), and you've found their user profile (that will display their name), then click on Web link on the left and enter their email address (i.e. mailto:abcd@efg.com) and their Link text should already be filled in with their name. Click save and then use step 11/12 to make everything more aesthetically pleasing.
If I was assessing this tool, this would make me look at other options. Atlassian, it's absurd that you haven't addressed this basic issue.
By the way, I just deleted all the pre-fab content on the space's home page. I don't think it has any internal function - it's just display. You can add your own list or table or whatever, and add team "members". The permissions and watching are what really matter, and they can be modified elsewhere.
You can do that by clicking on the "Watching" link on the top, after you have done the steps given by @Claudinho above.
This will bring up a menu, on which you can add the other users as "Watchers" of the Space.
Same
Please vote/contribute to this ticket if you are a Cloud user and want this feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-45008
This is unbelievably poor user interface. Just put an Add Team Member button next to the Team Members and let us get on with our lives. Ridiculous.
Brain dead! How is Atlassian still in business?
lol, really brain dead. Such a pain interface
I cant believe this still isn't an option, more burden for admins as teams cant figure out how to do it themselves - or has this feature been added now??
I'm trying to figure out how to do it, and ended up here, so I'm assuming the answer is "no". :-)
Even one year later, it is still a pain in the ass. How hard can it be to get an 'Add Member' or 'Remove Member' (or eventually 'Disable Member') button added?
All functionality doesn't seem to be added automatically when you work as described above, so you have to these put in by hand one by one. Make sure you don't forget any!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.