JIRA service is installed on the same Windows Server 2003 where SQL Server hosting JIRA database is installed. I already made JIRA service dependent on SQL Server service for startup.
However, after server is restarted when I try to access JIRA in the browser I get:
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
message
description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.32
When I look at STDOUT log the reason is clear - it says:
2012-06-02 11:21:38,723 main ERROR [atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Unable to start JIRA.
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot open database "JIRA" requested by the login. The login failed.
This is in spite of the fact that I already made JIRA service startup dependent on SQL Server.
Then I restart JIRA service manually and it starts working.
What other service should I make JIRA depended on in order for it to start correctly after reboot?
Is there some kind of "retry connecting to the database if it is not available" setting I can use in JIRA?