Hi,
I currently use JIRA over an IP Address. I would like to configure it so I can use it over my domain name http://jira.example.com . I went through the documentation (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache), but couldn't find anything that could help me. I'm using JIRA 4.4.3 on a Windows Server 2003 SP2.
Regards,
Saneth
Saneth,Is JIRA the only application running on that server? Or more specific: is it the only application that you would want to listen on port 80 so it can be reached through http://jira.example.com ?If yes you can:- Set up a DNS A-record that points jira.example.com to the IP address of your server.- Modify the file server.xml so the embeded JIRA Tomcat listens on port 80:Find the following code in server.xml...
<Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true"/>
...change the connector port to 80...
<Connector port="80" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true"/>
...and restart JIRA.Please keep in mind that it takes a while for DNS changes to become active.And don't forget to change the base URL in the JIRA administration.Cheers,Thomas
I'm afraid that's too vague a question to help you with. The answer you need is on the Apache page you've already quoted. It is possible to do it without Apache, but that does lose you a lot of flexibility if you need it to co-exist with other web-based systems. You could also use IIS instead of Apache, although I'm not personally too familiar with that (start at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+IIS )
Could you explain which bits of the Apache page aren't making sense to you?
IIS is not officially supported by Atlassian as a Webserver and I would not recommend using it.
Hi Thomas ,
Can i have Jira and Confluence on the same machine using port 80 ? for example jira.example.com and confluence.example.com ..
I have to integrate both .
Thank you.
Yes, that's what Apache virtual machines do - present two urls on whatever port you want.
Very true Thomas, that's one reason I'm not familiar with it - Apache, Nginx, Cherokee, all significantly better than IIS, so I never recommend it or use it.
Hi Nic ,
We dont have Apache , its only the Tomcat which comes with a standalone installation .. will i need Apache ?
Thanx .
Hi Thomas,
I am currently accessing JIRA from Ip address, I mapped a DNS jira.intra.xyz.comto the Ip address to acces JIRA from jira.intra.xyz.co, edited the base URL and editing server.xml to Connector port="80"
Connector
port
=
"80"
After this I am not able to access JIRA from both IP address and DNS, When I undo the server.xml and kept the base url as jira.intra.xyz.com, then I am able to access through Ip address.
What have I done wrong, how to access JIRA through DNS?
Hello Coriant,
After you made the changes to the server.xml file you couldn't reach JIRA neither throught the IP address nor the URL http://jira.intra.xyz.com?
Are you sure the domain name jira.intra.xyz.comis pointing to the right IP address? Can you ping your server using that domain name?
Is there anything else running on port 80 on this server? You would notice this in the log file. JIRA wouldn't start and an error message would be in the log.
Cheers,Thomas
I changed my port to 80 as suggested and rebooted the server. When I tried to log back in nothing happened.
I cahnged server.xml back to 8080 and tried again. I started jira manually as follows :
jira@jira:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin$ sudo ./start-jira.sh
To run JIRA in the foreground, start the server with start-jira.sh -fgexecuting using dedicated user: jira2......... .NMMMD. ....8MMM. $MMN,..~MMMO..?MMM. .MMM?.
OMMMMZ. .,NMMMN~.IMMMMMM. .NMMMN. .MMMMMN,,MMMMMM$..3MD..ZMMMMMM.=NMMMMMM,. .,MMMMMMD..MMMMMMMM8MMMMMMM,.ONMMMMMMMMMMZ.,NMMMMMMM8..:,.$MMMMMMM.IMMMM..NMMMMMD..8MMMMM: :NMMMMN..MMMMMM. .MMMMM~..MMMMMN .MMMMM?.
Atlassian JIRAVersion : 7.2.4
If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.outUsing CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jiraUsing CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jiraUsing CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/tempUsing JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jarUsing CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pidExisting PID file found during start.Removing/clearing stale PID file.Tomcat started.
Still nothing hapenned. Our jira server is down, any ideas how I can get it back up?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.