This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: User List Macro
Now that we are upgrading to Confluence 5.9, I am trying to get back the functionality of the People Directory. As far as I can tell, the People Directory was retired after Confluence 5.7, at least that seems the case because I can't find any documentation on the People Directory after Confluence 5.7. The closest I have come is the User List Macro. I have tried adding it to the Dashboard. The problem is that it give an alphabetical listing (maybe there is another sort option) of users in an admin-configured user group of an admin-configured max length that can be extended, but there seems to be no search box. It would be a whole lot more useful if users could search for other users in the People directory. How can I get a People Directory search box in Confluence 5.9? Is there a means to do this with the User List Macro or other macro? Am I missing something obvious?