The Behaviours plugin can set conditional values based on other fields which is nice. I have everything working except I only want to set a default value during the "Create" of a new issue and never after that.
I can't seem to find a way to know whether you are creating a new field with this plugin and the scipting language. I tried looking for certain fields (like "id") buth that field is alway set (for both create and edit). I also tried to get the existing issue object with with MutableIssue and a call to the "issue" method but I have not had any success there.
It seems there must be a way to know that you are in the "create" step but the workflow choices in the plugin only include the "open" action and don't seem to expose the "Create" action that is in the JIRA 5.0 Design workflow screen.
If I can't figure this out, I was thinking if adding a field that only appears on the Create screen and checking for a value. Then either changing it after the create to know I am no longer in the Create step but this seems like adding another custom field is an inelllegent solution.
Anyone have any idea how to check if you are on the Create step especialy for Behaviors scripts?