Hello to all,
I have JIRA 4.4 installed on a CentOS system and recently, we migrated our ressources and websites to new servers in a new datacenter. These new servers are using my boss's prefered OS, FreeBSD, v 9.1.
I know that I need Java 1.6.0_18 or higher is required and that 1.6.0_22 is recommended at least.
A response to an email from JIRA support confirms that it is not a supported OS and though it would probably install, JIRA will not support it so I cannot count on any help from them.
The email also states; I suggest posting to our online forums Atlassian Answers to see if any other Atlassian customers or Experts have experience with JIRA and FreeBSD.
So I am asking at large; Are there possible issues to installing JIRA on FreeBSD 9.1? Please bear in mind that we are not looking to upgrade JIRA in the short term. This means that any solutions requiring an upgrade may cause problems with financing so they will be considered only if the last possible solution.
Thank to all!
Y.Mercure