Hi all,
We have a requirement to hide custom fields from a certain group of JIRA users.
I have read the long discussion on why Atlassian will not implement this as a feature, and I was really hopeful that the Behaviours plugin can do this until we hit bulk editing issues.
I am hoping that someone can help to confirm a few things:
- Is it true that hiding custom fields using Behaviours plugin will disable bulk edit (or bulk move in our case) for all issues across all projects? If yes, does anyone has a work-around? Because this is what we are experiencing now even after mapping the behaviour only to some projects and issue types.
- I can't seem to find the hiding custom fields feature in Script Runner (which replaces Behaviours plugin), is it true that this feature is not part of Script Runner?
- Do you know which other plugin or safe method that can achieve this requirement? We're aware of the Field Security Plugin, however we're trying to avoid it due to the complexity of its installation (& hence maintenance), as well as its limited support of other plugins.
Thank you for your time!