I know this question has been asked previously, but there is ambiguity amongst the responses here and the open issues (TEAMCAL-292) and I can't make it work.
We need to create a release calendar to display to everyone anonymously, but we'll need this more generally for other things too. I can display the calendar correctly when I'm logged in (and other users have the same success). But anonymous users get an empty calendar - however below the calendar I have a table with the same data and it is all displayed correctly.
On another page I know Sherif has responded that JIRA Calendars "respect the permissions" in JIRA (unfortunately I can't find that link right now).
But which permissions are applicable in this case?
What I have done:
- The JIRA is fairly open, and projects are browseable anonymously via the (Group anyone) browse projects permission.
- The Confluence space is browseable anonymously (and the JIRA issues are displayed correctly on the same Wiki page as the Calendar).
- The project that I am reporting from (Releases), now has anonymous (Group anyone) Edit permissions, and anonymous (Group anyone) Schedule Issues permission - because I didn't know what else to try to get it to work.
The Team Calendar is still coming up empty, and I'd really appreciate some guidance on this from someone who has made it work.
Many thanks, Stuart.
ps all of the Atlassian products are the downloaded versions.