So we are a small team. About 14 in our IT team. Pretty much everyone in the company uses email to submit helpdesk tickets. There's been a few times where people have logged in, taken up a licence, and have not logged in since. So 43/50 of our licenses are taken up, when ~15 of those users have not logged on for months.
Ideally I would like Jira just to "forget" they ever logged in and get that license back. Making them inactive will prevent them from creating tickets, which is not my intention. When a user logs in, they are added to the "users" group, which is set by default to allow them to login to the application. I want this to be allowed, but just want to remove users from that group again like they are a new user.
I have tried removing the user manually from the groups, but then if they ever try logging in again (which I want) it will come up with "You do not have a permission to log in."