I would like to make a group of users that have read only access to all JIRA project. I have found an outdated link that talks about this, but it seems to only be relevant for JIRA 5 and I am using JIRA 6.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+make+a+Read-Only+user+through+permissions+and+workflow+conditions
How do you create a group, that I can ad users to, that has read only access to all JIRA proejcts in JIRA 6?
Thanks,Chris
It's pretty much the same in version 6 as it is in 5.
You need to create a new group then change the permission schemes to grant it "browse project". Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users
Also, do I have to do anything with workflow conditions as well? Or, can they be ignored.
If I create a read only user and only add them to the "Browse project" group, they are not able to log in. Do they still have to be in the jira-users group as well?
Sort of.
The group "read only" is doing what you expect. But it does not grant the right to log into Jira - that is handled by putting people into "Jira users". But, you don't *have* to use "jira users", you can add one or many groups to the "can log in" permission.
I suspect the most simple approach for you is to put "read only group" into "can log in" alongside "jira users" (Admin -> Global permissions). The downside with that is that ALL new users are automatically added to ALL groups in the "can log in" section, which might not be what you want You can ignore workflow conditions in the later versions of Jira. In 6.2 and below, I used to have to tell everyone "if you do not put conditions on your workflow, then ANYONE can use the transitions", but Atlassian have finally added a new permission of "can use transitions" which now protects transitions from anonymous usage.
How can I achieve anonymous read-only access to JIRA cases?
Any help would be appreciated.
Please read the answer and follow-up comments on this question
I have read and followed the instructions, but I don't see a reference to an anonymous user (i.e. without a Login). What am i missing?
It's the comment about "anyone". when you add a permission, look for the "group" called "anyone". Recommendation: *NEVER* give "anyone" anything other than "browse" access to projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.