Hi,
I am trying to write a JQL search in JIRA 4.2.4 and it is not returning what I would expect.
Here's what I want to do.
Find the issues that contain the comment "This Issue has been sent to the Lab Director for approval" but do not also contain the comment "This Issue has been Approved by the Lab Director" and are not closed. There are multiple comments on each issue, and I need to find all the ones that contain one, but don't have the other.
I tried this:
comment ~"\"This Issue has been sent to the Lab Director for approval\"" AND comment !~ "\"This Issue has been Approved by the Lab Director\"" AND status != Closed
but it returns issues that do contain the second string.
I know my logic must be a bit off, but I can't seem to think this one out. Every angle I try still returns with ones with the second comment.
I have 8 issues with the first comment, and of the 8, 6 have the second comment, so I want the 2 without the second comment returned. I tried
(comment ~"\"This Issue has been sent to the Lab Director for approval\"" and status != Closed) and not (status != Closed and comment ~"\"This Issue has been Approved by the Lab Director\"")
thinking the first part of the query will give me the 8, and the second the 6, leaving me the 2, but it gave me all 8 again.
Can anyone shed some light on what I am missing?
Thanks!!