It seems logical for a project leader to create a space in Confluence in which the project's work will be performed and organized. A project has a team of people working on it. Confluence's access model makes it easy to limit access to the space to the members of the team. All good so far.
What I don't get is that there's no way for the project leader to add the team members as watchers of the new project space or just its blog. The leader can direct them to a page or to a blog post but they are limited to requesting that they watch the space of the blog. Even then, the project leader doesn't have any way to see if the team members complied with the request.
This is my company's #1 complaint about Confluence. The omission of these simple features just seems to defy explanation. Our #2 complaint is the organization of its menus. It is worse than the Microsoft Office ribbon UI. I find that I search in several menus before finding the command I need to use. Not only that, some menus scroll with the page content while others stay at the top without any logical scheme that I've been able to detect.