Hi Guys!
Just looking for some advice ....
I have a requirement to develop a phone directory and I'd like to do it in Confluence which we are already using (rather than custom building something).
I know that you can capture some information about users in the Confluence user profile, but our phone directory will not be just of our own users, but will include other people outside of the organisation - I don't want to have to create users for all of the people who will be in the phone directory. Also, I'm going to have a number of additional fields.
I've done some research on this and it sounds like it could be achieved through the use of metadata (there will be a confluence page for each person with a bunch of fields on it) and searching that metadata for looking people up.
For each person, there are a number of fields, eg: firstname, lastname, company, department, job title, manager, organisation, etc. And I need to be able to search on any of these fields.
How do you think this would be best achieved?
Thanks in advance
David