I am trying to use the Section and Column macros and every time I do ther first line is an empty paragraph that I cannot remove. It adds far to much whitspace on the page.
How can I get around this?
The empty paragrah should only visible in edit mode. We had implemented this differently at first to remove the extra line but it had nasty downstream effects in the editor.
While it is a little frustrating in the editor as so much screen spaces is wasted, it is much worse when these empty paragraphs appear in the viewing of the page. When I inspect the html on the view, it shows a number of blank paragraphs adding unwanted whitespace that I cannot remove.
we are running 4.0.4 so I may have to log a bug.
Also, I don't think it happens all the time, but once it does on a page, there is no going back.
That sounds like a bug, Darcy. It's likely that it may have already been fixed – I'm not sure what version of Confluence 4.0 you are running but we just recently release 4.0.4:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.0.4+Release+Notes
You'll be pleased to know we are working on a proper page layouts solution that will make the section and column macros mostly redundant.
The bug is still not fixed? I'm using 6.1.2.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.