Hello,
I am planning an upgrade from JIRA 4.1.2 to JIRA 6.0.7 and am trying to reconcile conflicting information about which interim versions (if any) I need to hit along the way. I have read the Release Notes and Upgrade Notes for each major.minor.patch version.
I presume that one of these paths will be the preferred path:
- Manual upgrade directly to 6.0.7.
- Manual upgrade to some interim version, then rapid upgrade to 6.0.7.
- Rapid upgrade directly to 6.0.7.
This link seems to suggest that Rapid Upgrade was first offered in 4.3, so I should do a manual upgrade to that, and then do a rapid upgrade. This link states that I need to get up to 5.2 first. At least one other Atlassian page stated that I should manual upgrade to 4.4 first, but I unfortunately neglected to bookmark it. Some non-authoritative forum posts suggested that rapid upgrade was possible from any 4.x version.
Any information about the officially "blessed" way to get from 4.1.2 to 6.0 would be appreciated.
Thanks!
BU