If values in a field are multiple (x, y, z) can we limit the ability to open a ticket based on 1 value
I.e. - John can only open tickets that are y value.
I'm not sure what you want here, but I think what you will need for this is a "Validator" in the Create even of your workflow transition to do what you want. Maybe a script or Custom Field value checker, there a lot of add-ons for that.
Gabrielle has the right answer to "limit the ability", but it's a really ugly idea. User goes in to create issue, fills in a load of data, gets told they can't create the issue and that their way of logging it is "wrong". It's extremely frustrating to have that done. A far better way to do it is to not offer the user the field, and calculate what they should have put in for them. Instead of "John can only put Y on the issue", then have a post function that says "John raised this, so I put Y in the field". Saves his effort, stops him getting frustrated and the problem goes away.
I agree its rather restrictive, but what we are attempting to do is to have certain teams create tickets for specific business units so when a report is ran we see that x amount is the true value of tickets being opened for that vertical.
Definitely a case for "set the business unit field depending on the user", rather than try to bludgen the user into it.
How can we do that Nic without impacting the entire project?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.