We've just made some changes to our workflow, and since we have we have started to hit spurious/occasional errors from JIRA, but I can't seem to figure out what is going on.
When an issue goes through the sequence (starting from Closed): Reopen -> Start Progress -> Stop Progress
A Workflow Error dialog is displayed that says:
{noformat}Error marking step #56662 finished: root cause: Tried to update an entity that does not exist.
It seems that you have tried to perform an illegal workflow operation.
If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.{noformat}
After the dialog, the issue reverts (properly) to the Open state, and the dialog doesn't show up again as you start/stop progress repeatedly on the issue; _until_ you restart at Closed.
It seems like anytime the issue starts at the Reopened state, and if you use Start Progress to transition the issue from Reopened => In Progress, the Stop Progress action immediately after that triggers the dialog.
I've looked through the transitions and I can't figure out what I've done wrong.
Could someone have a quick look and let me know what I've done wrong?
Thanks,
Remi