I am trying to update the "status" field from "New" ( id -> 1) to "Ready To Start" ( Id -> 10008). Using the below JSON input for the URI : https://jirasupport.example.com/rest/api/2/issue/ATSUPPORT-63172/transitions?expand=transitions.fields .
JSON Input as below:
{"update": {"comment": [{"add": {"body": "Committed code to SVN."}}]},"transition": {"id": "10008"}}
I am getting below error:
{"errorMessages": ["Internal server error"],"errors": {}}
Can some one please let me know what mistake I am doing here.
Thanks,Irfan Ali
I got the answer i was looking for, was passing the wrong id value.
Thanks,Irfan Ali.
I fixed it by looking to the needed parameters first by manually trying to reopen a issue. If you reopen issues you need to pass a comment but also an assignee. So my JSON looks like this:
{"update": {"comment": [{"add": {"body": "The message"}}]},"assignee": {"name": "user.name"},"transition": {"id": "4"}}
Without an assignee i got the error
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.