Hi all,
I'm currently upgrading Jira 4.3 to 4.4.3.
Jira is running as standalone on a Linux 64 bits.
I tried to apply the automatic upgrade process.
When Jira tries to backup its install directory, it fails with :
Your instance of JIRA is currently being upgraded.
Shutting down JIRA...
Checking if JIRA has been shutdown...
Backing up the JIRA installation directory
com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.files.CreateZipFileAction failed
Ignore [i, Enter], Quit [q]
I quitted, backed up install dir and workspace by myself, and then rerun the upgrade process without asking for backup. This time, I got :
Your instance of JIRA is currently being upgraded.
Checking if JIRA has been shutdown...
Deleting the previous JIRA installation directory...
Error while attempting to remove the previous installation directory. Some files may be in use. Please close all related programs and try again.
Ignore [i, Enter], Retry [r], Quit [q]
After this, jira install dir is empty. I rolled back manually thanks to the backup I did before.
I'm not administrator of this server, my "jira" user (from which i'm running Jira and the upgrade process) has only the write permissions in its home and in jira install dir and workspace. This may be the reason of these problems.
Is there someone having the same problems? Do you solve them?
Do you know if jira upgrade process logs some detailled messages about its failures?
Thanks,
Maxime