Hello. Two days ago, I downloaded the stand-alone confluence application and immediately fell in love with it.
I sell my team on it and start making preparations to install it on our company web server... and that's when things fall apart.
The problem is that we are a windows shop and our server runs IIS. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to install confluence on our server, assign a host name to it, and run it.
I was sorely disappointed and then I figured I could at least ask here on the forums and see if maybe I'm just missing something.
Anyone able to help with this?
Thanks!
EDIT: To Clarify
Wow... so many responses so fast. That's really cool.
Let me please clarify what I'm trying to acheive. First... I don't care about IIS at all. It doesn't matter to me if IIS is not in the picture.However, what I do care about is assigning a host name to the "site". By this I mean that,
- if confluence is accessible through localhost:8080/confluence,
- I want to be able to go to godaddy, create a domain,
- Come back to my server machine and somehow "assign" the site name to the confluence install
- My users access my confluence installation through http://mysitename.com
The only reason I mentioned IIS, is because it's extremely easy to assign a host name to a site and I didn't see any way of doing this in the confluence admin (which is where I assumed the setting would be).I hope this better clarifies what I'm after.And thanks so much for the very detailed responses thus far.