I'm evaluating whether or not we can reproduce our current change management process in JIRA workflow. This is what it looks like.
- Developer submits form to dev manager with change request (update/install app in production environment)
- Manager sends the form to various people for approval (DBA, IT Manager, Sys Admin, etc)
- Once manager recieves all required approvals he approves the request
- Developer works with DBA, Sys Admin, etc to perform the change
We'd like to use JIRA workflow to automate this, as we're currently passing around lots of emails. The part I'm not sure about is how to assign multiple approvers to an issue. I saw that there is a Multi User Picker custom field type, but I'm not sure how to turn that into assignee(s).
I understand that each assignee could approve and assign to the next approver (or back to the manager) but we'd like workflow to automatically assign to the next approver or if all have approved, assign back to the manager. Is this possible?