Confluence is not indexing attachment labels.
These are not added to tag clouds, and popular label macros.
Is there any place where I have to enable it?
I have raised a bug report:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32493
Hi Blazej,
I couldn't find any bug report on this behavior. Maybe it's a new bug in Confluence. Can you specify the Confluence version and the exact steps so we can try to reproduce the bug and create the report for it.
Regards,
Rodrigo
Hi Rodrigo!
We use confluence Atlassian Confluence 4.3.6
Here are the steps:
I am on the Confluence Dashboard. I have system-administrator rights.
I click "Add space" and create new space (just name, blank space, no restrictions).
I click "Add page" and create new page (the same as above).
I click "Insert"->"Other macros"->"Attachments", and save page.
I drag files from my desktop onto the Attachments macro. Attachments are beeing uploaded.
In the column "labels" I click pencil icon, I type the name of attachment (for example dh or test_label), click "add", click "close". Attachments are shown next to files.
Then I insert to the page any label cloud macro (popular labels or tagcloud). It doesn't show attachment macros. However when I add labels to the whole page it displays those properly.
When I click "Browse"->"Labels" there are no attachemnt labels displayed too.
However when I am on the page with attachment macro, and I click a label next to attached file it, it opens the site https://ourcompany.com/label/clicked_label and it shows all files with clicked_label.
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong...
Thanks for the interest Rodrigo, hope to hear from you soon
Hi,
We are on Confluence 5.2.3 (Download) and using the macro 'Labels List'.
It generates the list of all page labels in the Space but not the attachment labels. Is this a bug or a missing feature of the macro 'Labels List'.
Thanks,
Daniel
we are still using confluence 5.1.4 which shows the same effect.
Because we are using label specifically to build a knowledge base from attachements of pages it would be nice to have them listed as well.
Cheers,
Matthias
Thanks Blazej!
And here is original bug report:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27673
Already resolves for Confluence 5.8.2 and newer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.