I attached some files (msi extension) to a page a few days ago, and when I tried to access it this morning I got the deleted attachment error:
"The attachment you were trying to download could not be found in the attachment file store. Either the file has been removed manually or there was an error in removing the record of the attachment from Confluence.
If this attachment is no longer required you can remove it from Confluence on the attachments page. Otherwise, you will need to attach a new copy."
I located the file on my file system (by its file size) and noticed the directory has been copied to "18350104_moved_out_of_the_way". The original "18350104" directory is still there too. The attachment is a zip file (7z file type). The file in the original directory is 30.1 MB but appears to be corrupt (nothing is displayed when I open it in 7zip), while the file in the copied directory is 26.6 MB and opens just fine.
I did a search of the entire attachments directory and found one other folder named "18350101_moved_out_of_the_way". The original directory is still there too. This is a large attachment (an ISO image of Visual Studio). The one in the original directory was 1.43 GB, but in the renamed directory it was only 1.18 GB. They both seem to mount just fine, but I haven't tried to actually install the software from the smaller ISO image to see if it's complete... no idea why it's 250 MB smaller.
I'm really confused by the renamed directories. I've got Microsoft Security Essentials running, but I configured it some time ago to ignore the entire "Atlassian" directory. Did Confluence run some job internally that caused the renaming? Is it encountering some conflict or something?